About Our Program
Our Pre-Kindergarten programs provide:
- Learning guided by a certificated teacher.
- Educational services in an inclusive preschool setting.
- Small class size.
- Individualized program planning with parents to address each child’s needs.
- Specialized, intensive service in areas of special needs.
- Integrated and individual speech and language services.
- Access to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Psychological Services.
- Regular parent contact and family-oriented programming sessions.
For a Comprehensive Guide for Parents/Guardians on our Early Childhood Services Programs, please see the e-booklet below.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Pre-Kindergarten?
Children may begin Pre-Kindergarten in September if they are four (4) years of age before January 1, 2020. Children who qualify for Program Unit Funding (PUF) may qualify if they are three (3) years of age before January 1, 2020.
Children with Special Needs
Program Unit Funding(PUF),in addition to Base Instruction Funding, is available for young children who are three (3) years of age before January 1, 2020 but will be less than six (6) on September 1, 2020, and meet the criteria for PUF as laid out by Alberta education. Children who have a Mild or Moderate delay, or are learning English as a Second Language (ESL) may qualify for special education funding in ECSif they are four (4) before January 1, 2020, and will be less than six (6) on September 1, 2020.
For more information about programming for children with special needs, or to see if your child qualifies for Program Unit Funding (PUF), please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, there may be limited spots available in Pre-Kindergarten programs and we encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment. As well, we may not be able to accommodate your program preference or location, depending on student enrolment and program viability.