About Our Program
Our Pre-Kindergarten programs provide:
- Learning guided by a certificated teacher.
- Educational services in an inclusive preschool setting.
- Small class size.
- Individualized program planning with parents to address each child’s needs.
- Specialized, intensive service in areas of special needs.
- Integrated and individual speech and language services.
- Access to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Psychological Services.
- Regular parent contact and family-oriented programming sessions.
For a Comprehensive Guide for Parents/Guardians on our Early Childhood Services Programs, please see the e-booklet below.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Pre-Kindergarten?
Children may begin Pre-Kindergarten in a school within our Division in September if they are four (4) years of age by the end of the following February. Children who qualify for Program Unit Funding (PUF) may qualify if they are three (3) years of age before January 1st and meet the criteria for PUF.
*Subject to change in 2018 – 2019 based on amendments to the School Act.
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, email@example.com.
Please note, there may be limited spots available in Pre-Kindergarten programs and we encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment. As well, we may not be able to accommodate your program preference or location, depending on student enrolment and program viability.