School will look different this year as we change the way we do things to follow Alberta Health Services guidelines to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19. Families are encouraged to read the Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten Flyer and refer to the 2020-2021 BGSD School Re-entry Plan.
About Our Program
Our Kindergarten programs build on what your child has already learned at home and in your community. Our programs allow children to explore and experiment with their surroundings and to learn how to interact with other children. Our Kindergarten programs offer many benefits including:
- Further developed skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and the arts.
- Improved personal and social skills.
- Enhanced physical skills.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Kindergarten?
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are at least 5 years old as of December 31 of the respective school year.
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, email@example.com.
Robina Baker offers full-day Kindergarten. You will choose Monday/ Wednesday classes with scheduled Fridays or Tuesday/ Thursday classes with scheduled Fridays. We encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment. Please note, we may not be able to accommodate your preference, depending on student enrolment and program viability.
Is Transportation Provided?
Yes, transportation is available – Kindergarten students follow regular BGSD Transportation Policy and Procedures.
How To Register
- Follow the link to the online registration: https://www.blackgold.ca/schools/programs/kindergarten/
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program in which they want to register and indicate they would like busing (Please note: this will not guarantee busing).
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process o